Wednesday 2 September 2015

*Gollum Voice* My Precious!

What is it with limited editions? I can’t get over them. Its almost like this urge to own as many limited edition items as possible, even ones that currently don’t really exist anymore sadly like the Too Faced Leopard Love palette, although that doesn’t stop my inevitable need to track it down like a bitch in heat. So my question to you is, what’s your perspective on LE’s? I know a friend of mine doesn’t like LE stuff purely because they mark up prices and it's just another consumerist scheme to dish more money out of our pockets but, to me, that’s the appeal. Its the fact that I could own a thing which is unique. We all know the typical MAC black lipstick bullet, but once it changes colour, shape or texture we all go nuts. Same with any other MAC LE and I think it’s for a good reason, we’re all consumerists stuck in our little mindsets of “I need to own this item before it is gone forever!”


I know some of you will disagree, simply because of the fact that you actually want and like the product, whether it happens to be limited edition or not. I mean I did not hunt down a cheap but authentic Nars Virtual Domination palette for a year and a half because I liked the packing, no I actually wanted the palette because it was versatile and beautiful as I’m sure many of you would agree.


A few of my favourite LE’s ever, you’ll notice quite a few MAC products but really nobody does LE’s like MAC do:

  • The Nars Virtual Domination Palette: it’s handy to travel with, the colours and pigmentation alone are worth the money and it has every cheek product you could need.
  • MAC Simpson’s blush in Sideshow You: Let’s be honest, who didn’t watch the Simpsons as a kid common, this one was a given. While the blush alone is a great product, the packaging nailed it for me. I was disappointed that they had brought out lipglasses instead of lipsticks for the collection but oh well, you win some you lose some
  • MAC Cinderella Iridescent Pressed Powder in Coupe d’Chic: Boy this one was a tough call because the collection actually included lipsticks! However they were super sheen which barely shows up on my lips and I hate that. So I chose the thing I use the most out of the collection although I did buy a few things from this collection, I chose this powder because it was freaking beautiful, it really does give your skin a pearly glow to it.
  • The RiRi Hearts Mac Brush in 187SE: I freaking love this brush with all my heart (haha get it?) but I don’t dare touch it because the packaging is too beautiful! It’s hard for me to use products that change the way it looks and the same goes for brushes.
  • Dose of Colours Black Rose: Oh lord, for those of you who don’t know me well yet, I love matte liquid lipsticks. I have draws dedicated to just liquid lipsticks, not even just normal lipsticks, but specifically liquid to matte ones. So I think it’s pretty awesome when one of them makes it onto yet another one of my favourites list, but this special one deserves this because my mummy dearest got it for my birthday, it does happen to be a beautiful dark burgundy colour that is so rich and dark that it almost sounds like a cake. But sadly, it was only for a limited time.
  • ColourPop Tie Dye Eyeshadow in Rip Tide: This was part of the Tie Dye collection that came out for 1 weekend. The collection consisted of 4 pieces but this one by far was my favourite. Am I the only one who thinks that Rip Tide and Flamingo should have swapped their names around?

No comments:

Post a Comment