Wednesday 23 September 2015

Taking a break and updates

I’m ever so sorry that I haven’t been posting without an explanation, I feel like that’s very shitty of me and I wanted to apologise. Some stuff has been going on in my life yatta yatta, you’ve heard it all before. Anyway I have some very excited posts coming up for you guys that include pictures as well :) I am happy to say that I’ll be returning to my old schedule and posting at 12:30 EST on weekdays.

Lately some exciting things have been happening asides from the usual new releases in the makeup world (How freaking cool does JS’s new liquid lipstick look?!), last thursday I was able to go to the grand opening of the second ever Sephora here in Australia. And when I say grand, I mean grand. They went all out giving out huge goodie bags, $50 vouchers for their store, Krispy Kreme donuts and coconut water. Not to mention the balloons and Benefit gorilla handing out chocolates. The music was pumping, the crowd wasn’t too horrible, all in all a very fun and exciting time.

I woke up at 4:30, was out of the house at 5AM and got to Macquarie Centre at 6AM. I was about 6th in line so I didn’t have to count if I was in the first 200 which was nice. The two people behind me were Miss Billy and MessyDownUnder which you may know from the YouTube community. I was so excited to meet them and talk to them throughout the day. They even managed to convince me to get the Kat Von D shade and light eye palette. Also The Missing Piece cafe staff were nice enough to come down to the line and take orders for $2.

There was a rumour that the Macquarie sephora had more stock than the Sydney one including brands that aren’t in the first store and I can vouch that that is very much true. Even the new Kat Von D liquid lipsticks and single eyeshadows are there. They handed us so many freebies that I didn’t bother to go crazy on buying much though. I did get, obviously the Shade + Light eye palette, Re(Marc)able foundation, Kat Von D Lolita liquid lipstick and the Sephora Collection Chocolate body wash.

However the fun did not stop there. Every shop had its A game on today because of the sephora opening, MAC’s scented Fix + had come out (although I didn’t get any), Mecca had guys standing out front of the store handing out Mecca goodie bags as well; which included a Mecca labeled water bottle, a lollipop and a pamphlet that said if you spent $50+ at Mecca, you could choose any deluxe sample. (Samples included UD eyeshadows, a Nars lip pencil, a Clinique lip crayon, UD setting spray, Too Faced melted lipstick and some others that I can’t remember off the top of my head haha. So naturally I had to spend some money there. (At this point I should mention that my grandmother was with me for majority of the day as well.) Because I had decided to get the YSL Touche Eclat Blur Perfector, UD Shadowbox palette and the mini Hourglass Dim Light highlighter, which equals over $100. My grandmother and I went up separately as to get 2 samples, of which I got the Too Faced mini Melted Peony and the UD eyeshadow samples.

A couple other stores had their A Game on too like Pandora with sales and candy bars but I wasn’t too interested.

All in all, if you have the opportunity to go to a Sephora opening, I would highly recommend them. Go big or go home Sephora.

Laters,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment