Wednesday 18 November 2015

Champagne Pop - Is it worth the hype?

For those of you who don’t know what the hell a Champagne Pop is, Jaclyn Hill recently collaborated with Becca Cosmetics to create a highlighter called Champagne Pop. Well I bought it a while ago and it finally arrived.
Also I should note before I go on, I bought it through the american Sephora and used a forwarding service to get it here. You can buy it at the two Sydney Sephora’s or through Becca :)


A few people had reviewed it after I bought it but not before receiving it, saying the product was definitely not worth the hype, it didn’t live up to their expectations, didn’t go well with their skin tone etc etc. Jaclyn had actually said herself that she tried to make it as universal as possible for every skin tone.

Upon its arrival I had to swatch it immediately and I… loved it! It’s a perfect golden shade that doesn’t look tacky and doesn’t paint my face yellow. It has just the right amount of shimmer that gives me that glowing from the inside look. I am terribly sorry about the atrocious quality of the photos, they really don’t do it justice… HOWEVER you can find a dupe for Champagne Pop by mixing Opal and Moonstone together (also highlighters from Becca). It does cost more obviously but if you already have them but don’t want to dish out on more money for CP then maybe try mixing those two together. It will turn out differently depending on how much Opal you use and how much Moonstone you use.

*I am so sorry this post was supposed to go up about a month ago but never did. Oh well, better late than never right?

No comments:

Post a Comment