Monday 4 January 2016

My Makeup Travel Essentials

I'm sure you can all understand why I didn't post on Thursday and Friday as it was a public holiday, hope you all enjoyed yourselves.

For those of you who travel a lot or will be travelling in the future, I have compiled a little list of the best things to take travelling with you that won't break your arm to carry. These products are weight-friendly but also are some of my personal holy-grail products. I guess this is my take on the makeup travel tag? Lets start with the base/face products first shall we?

  • First, primer. There are quite a few travel size (i.e. sample sizes) primers like the Benefit Porefessional but the one I'm going to mention is the Hourglass Veil primer, the smallest size is the 8.95ml. While it is a bit pricey, it does the job and it does it well.
  • Foundation - There are a few different ways you could go with this. I personally love Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation in the size 7ml but if you prefer something light weight then I would recommend the Gariner BB cream. You can pick up the 15ml tube from Priceline or a supermarket. It is perfect for going to humid places especially if you don't want to wear heavy makeup. Another option you could do is go get a sample of your favourite foundations, MAC do the cutest little samples but you could also go to Mecca and ask for a sample of your preferred foundation there.
  • Concealer - There aren't too many travel sized concealers that are also good quality products but I have found the MAC Select Moisture Cover concealer is perfect. I feel like it isn't talked about enough and I prefer it over Prolongwear any day. It's the perfect concealer for any weather conditions and will not hesitate to cover up your nasty pimples in a flash.
  • Highlight, Bronzer, Blush etc. - I would suggest getting a small palette or a combination type product, it saves more room than you think, especially with chunky individual packaging. The 3 in particular I recommend are great products, the Nars Orgasm/Laguna duo, the Sportsgirl Bright Young Things palette, and last the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit palette. I'll start with Nars' most coveted products, their famous Orgasm blush and Laguna bronzer. It's perfect for travelling with or purchasing in general if you don't already own them. The Sportsgirl palette was a gift to me and I freaking love it, it seems a little cheap, almost like the makeup kits they makeup for 3 year olds but Sportsgirl surprised me. The packaging looks cute as hell and the products are actually quite nice. It comes with 3 lip colours, a blush, a bronzer, 8 eyeshadows and a big mirror. The palette is a little big but it does come with tons of product. It is on the shimmery side and has more bold/bright colours than neutral but I wouldn't knock it till you try it. My favourite of these three though is the Hourglass palette. Again more on the shimmery side but you can't go wrong with it. With three highlighters, two blushes and a bronzer, you could create tons of different looks with this. Perfect for a long getaway or a wedding event, this is a must bring. 
  • Brows - Moving on to the upper half of the face, I'm sure most of you have your staple brow products, mine is the Loreal Brow Artist Plumper. Brow products shouldn't be too much of a problem to travel with, though it would definitely be more efficient to take a brow pencil like the ABH Brow Wiz than a pomade (for example the Chi Chi or ABH one). For me a tinted brow mascara is easiest.
  • Eye Primer - Benefit mini's sure are the way to go. My go-to eye primer, Stay Don't Stray, works amazing. I really can't say anything more amazing about it.
  • Eyeshadow palettes - Palettes that give you great product, variety while also being size-friendly may be hard but in fact you can get it for cheap from target or Priceline. The Essence palettes. I personally love the Roses palette but there's a palette for everyone's taste, the Chocolates, the Nudes etc. They each have 8 eyeshadows in each palette.
  • Eyeliner - my go-to eyeliner to travel with is the travel sized Nars Larger Than Life, Long-wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto. It works amazing for the tightline, waterline and lashline. It works for each of them because it's so creamy. 
  • Mascaras - I like to travel with two mascaras but one is plenty for most. The first pick is the They're Real from Benefit, there are plenty of travel sized mascaras from Benefit that you can pick up from any Benefit counter. The last eye product I'll be mentioning is the Too Faced LashGasm mascara, it is the only thing I use for my bottom lashes because of the small bristles and really well texturised mascara (i.e. it's wet enough that one coat coats all of your lashes without looking like black water).
To really cut down on the size of your makeup bag, pack double ended brushes.

  • Lucky last, Lipsticks - Again you have multiple choices. For small lipsticks that fit perfectly in small clutches, for a wedding maybe, my best options are the Savvy minis or the Kat Von D minis. You can only get Savvy minis during the holidays at Priceline. It comes in a 10 pack and the colour range is amazing. I don't know how easy the Kat Von D studded kiss lipsticks are to get but I've managed to get my hands on a few of them, as Sephora samples and in one of her latest holiday kits. Another option for a quick weekend holiday is Covergirl Blastflipstick, a double ended lipstick. I've seen a few different shades but overall I think it's a really cool concept.
    • If you're coco for liquid to matte lipsticks just like me, then you can't live without them. Some of the only travel sized liquid lipsticks I've seen are the Australis mini Velourlips, I used to hate these but I've since turned a new leaf with these. The mini's have 5 in a pack and have two packs available for the holidays at Priceline.
One more quick tip, I'm sure everyone knows it but once you've finished a perfume, say your Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black 7ml rollerball, why not fill it up with another one of your favourite perfumes that might not come in a travel size.



Btw I wasn't affiliated with any of these brands, I just genuinely like to travel with these items. 

No comments:

Post a Comment